- Drink plenty of water, fruit juice or herbal teas. Your body has been drained of metabolic waste and toxins which may result in you feeling thirsty and the water will help eliminate waste and rehydrate your body. It will also help reduce muscle soreness and fatigue.
- Take care when driving home as your reflexes may be slower. You may feel faint or tired.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, tea and caffeine at least 12 hours after your treatment as they can have a dehydrating effect on the body.
- Avoid heavy meals after your treatment. Your body is healing and needs to rest, this includes the digestive system. Eating a heavy meal may make you feel nauseous. Eat a light meal so the body can concentrate on natural healing and encourage detoxification.
- Avoid strenuous activity.
- Have a nap or rest if you can, it will make the muscles relax and make the massage last longer.
- Sometimes people experience soreness for 24 hours or so after a massage, If you do feel sore or think that you might, stretch gently in a hot shower or take a warm bath.
- Support your body with a healthy diet and regular exercise!
Remember to tell me about any symptoms you experience after your treatment so it can be taken into consideration in your next session. If you feel concerned about anything after your treatment, please do not hesitate to call me for advice. If however, you can’t reach me and you feel poorly in any way, or your symptoms worsen, always call your GP for advice.